SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Wheel Hub with Beadlocks Kit for 1 5 HPI KM Rovan Baja 5T RC Car Baja Spare Parts New 4pcs a Set 5sc pnjeal3717-New toy
- Star Wars Saga 2008 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Action Figure Surgical Droid 2-1B
- color09 60 Wx80 L WinfreyDecor Yellow Submarine Super Soft Blankets Little Alien Cartoon in Spaceship with Periscope Over Red Moon Planet Kids All Season for Couch or Bed 60 Wx60 L White Red
- BelleAckerman Ultra Soft Flannel Fleece Blanket Christmas,Vintage Red Truck in Snowy Winter Scene with Tree and Gifts Candy Cane Kids,bluee White Red Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Piko 47320 DR BR130 Diesel Locomotive IV
- ALAZA Home Decor Sunshine Ocean Shark Blanket Soft Warm Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Lightweight Travelling Camping 60 x 50 inch Throw Size for Kids Boys Women
- Art Wall Dean Uhlinger Whatever Works' Unwrapped Graphic Canvas Art, 14 x 18-Inch
- Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Drone Over Clouds Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt
- Canvas 40 x 50 cm Aluminium-Dibond image 90 x 110 cm super moon and clouds in the night on sea , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Vol.1 4 Creme JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stand Collection Figure Keychain
- 039. Baby Mine Patriotic American Eagle With American Flag Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song Choices - Hawaiian War Chant (Johnny Noble) - SWISS
- Pinky 22 Inch 55cm Soft Silicone Babies Reborn Baby Doll Cloth Body Blonde Hair Real Life Like Newborn Dolls Girl Toy Toddler
- Black Spektrum iX12 12-Channel 2.4Ghz Telemetry DSMX RC Tx (Transmitter Only) 250 Model Memory Touchscreen WiFi & blueetooth Compatible Yellow (Limited Edition)
- Classic ViewMaster-Grand Teton- 1960s Views - ViewMaster Reels 3D- unsold Store Stock- Never Opened
- KLEDDP Toy Model Anime Character Naruto Ornaments Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Gifts Whirlpool Naruto 21.5cm Toy statue
- Dragon Ball super dodecamethylene cans badge Vegeta Super Saiyan God SS
- MORGEN SKY wet suit Men's 3mm diving full suit surfing back zip MS-1101 (black, M)
- LEGO Ninjago Samurai VXL 70625 Playset Toy
- Transparent 3mx3m LPKH Tarpaulin Tarpaulin Waterproof Heavy Duty Covering The Rain Plastic Cloth Film,Clear Tarpaulin Tarp for Wood Logs,tarp Sheet Dust-Proof Awning Cloth (color Transparent, Size 5m x 5m)
- Highly Detail Special Forces Action Figure SWAT Team-ASSUALTER
- Floral Print Slipcover L Sectional Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Couch Case Tight Wrap Elastic 20181472, XL 235-300CM
- WilliamsDecor Bed or Couch 60 x 35 Swallowtail Butterfly Lightweight Blanket Transformation of Lime Butterfly Natural Life Cycle Theme Print Summer Quilt Comforter Yellow Green Black
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn