SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Geometric Sofa Cover Elasticity All-Inclusive Sofa Single Two Three Four-Seater Sofa Cover Predector color 12, 3seater 190-230cm Stretch Slipcover pnoooq1437-Children's Furniture
Easy to Store: Ergonomically designed
Package quantity 1
All Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.Actual product may vary due to product enhancement
- Little Monster Kaiju Godzilla Framed And Stretched Painting On Canvas Home Decor Occident Style Art For Boys And Girls Bedroom White And White
- Tekknosport Mega Travel Boardbag 140x45x40 Marine
- 3D LED Night Light Table Desk Lamps 3D Optical Illusion Visual Lamp 7 colors Touch Table Desk Lamp for Christmas Birthday Gift Three Circles
- Trademark Fine Art Bespectacled Bovine I by Victoria Borges, 14x14
- YOYI-home Queen Flannel Blanket Girl in Flowers with a hot Cup Thicken Blanket Extra Big 60 x50 (Double Side)
- Noble Collection - Pendentif Harry Potter - Voiture Weasley Charm Lumos - 0849241003056
- 1500 Piece Assortment - The Reef
- 5x10m LPKH Tarpaulin Thickened Outdoor Tarp Ground Sheet Cover, Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Plastic Cloth Truck Tricycle Poncho (Size 10x12m)
- Soy Wax (Soft Type) 1 kg Soy NatureWaxC 3
- Grundl Value Pack Cotton Quick Yarn, Cotton, Lemon, 29 x 12 x 7 cm
- Swims Mens Penny Loafer Brown Size 9
- Farmerly Floral Printing Europe Style Spandex Stretch Sectional Sofa Cover Slipcovers Elastic All-Inclusive Couch Cover for Living Room 8, Four-Seater
- Figure Collection Exclusive - Nekoko
- Character Sleeve Rider Den-O Rider Den-O emblem (EN-507)
- KKD Scale Model Simulation Vehicle Model Car Alloy Car Model Classic Car 1 18 Cadillac Elvis Static Simulation Car Model Gift Decoration Pink ( color PINK )
- Xezo Brass Fountain Pen in Steel bluee Finish (Freelancer bluee F)
- Snorlax Holofoil - Jungle - 11 [Toy]
- VanGoddy Sparta Travel Backpack for Kodak Pixpro Astro Zoom Pixpro Friendly Zoom EasyShare SLR-Like Digital Cameras + Mini Tripod + Screen Predector Black & orange
- Mediterranean Sea Frameless Bigie DIY Paint by Numbers for Adults Oil Painting Number kit with Scenery People PBN Home Office Wall Art Decor 16x20inch (Music Performance, Wooden Frame)
- NHL Figures ID808a Hockey Action Figure
- 700g yellow paint FW700G 3 a Sakura color this (japan import)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn